Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yanky Land....

My 'Bro' just came back to work after attending the DEF CON convention held recently in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. His trip is fully subsidised by XXX. Lucky b*****d.... He was telling me about the convention and those weird things that those hackers do. He also talked about his follow-up vacation in New York with his wifey. Doubly lucky b*****d!!

Having heard soooooooo much from him about YankyLand makes me all the more excited about my impending trip there next month with my significant other (SO). We'll be going to the West Coast, specifically San Francisco, Los Angeles & Las Vegas (aka Sin City). This is a 12D/11N Free & Easy trip designed by Uncle Law who had no prior experience or a clue about the places he is going. He ransacked the web with his trusty Google and came up with the places to stay, visit and also how to get around, to and fro each city.

Here's some of the highlights :
I'm quite excited and can't really wait for end-Sept to come sooner. However, there are a few things that I'm having reservations about...
  • Safety @ nite - need I elaborate further?
  • Food - YankyLand is aka Junk-Food Paradise
  • Transport - heard that it can sometimes be hard going around YankyLand without driving
  • Shopping - feared for my legs as I expect SO to go crazy once we reach the Factory Outlet Malls
It's not the first time I'm going on a Free & Easy vacation. In fact, I've never been on packaged-holiday before. Despite that, I still feel apprehensive about each trip that I'm going because I tended to one who doesn't like last minute situational changes.

My last major trip was back in 2004 where I went to UK for a summer module as part of my Degree program. 4yrs later, I'm once again going to a faraway land, the place where you can be shot for no reasons in broad daylight....

Hope we both get to return in 1 piece each....

No comments: