Saturday, August 16, 2008

Body Combat - Part 2

This is my 2nd post about Body Combat (aka BC), my favourite Group-Xercise Class at the gym. Exactly what is BC and why am I so enthralled by it? Read on to find out...

What is Body Combat?
BODYCOMBAT™ is a non-combat, martial arts-based fitness program with moves drawn from Karate, Tae Kwan Do, Kung Fu, kickboxing, Muay Thai and Tai Chi. Each 55-minute BODYCOMBAT™ class is choreographed to 10 tracks of the latest music, providing an exhilarating exercise experience that delivers ultra-fast fitness results.

- Extracted from Les Mills' Official Site


BODYCOMBAT™ Benefits
  • Improves heart and lung function and reduces the risk of heart disease
  • Tones and shapes key muscle groups
  • Burns calories for a leaner body
  • Improves co-ordination and agility
  • Improves bone density
  • Improves posture and core strength and stability
  • Builds self-confidence

A typical class consists of 10-Tracks as follows :
  • Track 01 : Warm Up
  • Track 02 : Combat 1
  • Track 03 : Power 1
  • Track 04 : Combat 2
  • Track 05 : Power 2
  • Track 06 : Combat 3 aka Recovery
  • Track 07 : Muay Thai
  • Track 08 : Power 3
  • Track 09 : Conditioning
  • Track 10 : Cool Down
For me, I usually skip Track 9 & 10. However, I will stay beyond Track 8 if the instructor adds on additional tracks (which they often does) instead of proceed to Conditioning after Track 8.

As mentioned in "Body Combat - Part 1", I hit the gym typically thrices weekly on Tues & Sat as they're my usual gym days. Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun are the other possible days. Over the past 20mths of BC-ing, I've come to 'compile' my personal list of favourite, not-too-bad & cannot-make-it (CMI) instructors. You will hardly (if ever) see me attending the class if its conducted by those on my CMI listing.

I've also compiled a list of my favourite tracks as follows :
  • Track 01 : BC2901, Thank You
  • Track 02 : BC2802, The Final Countdown
  • Track 03 : BC3303, Angel Eyes
  • Track 04 : BC2704, Tribal Dance
  • Track 05 : BC3605, Don't You Wanna Feel
  • Track 06 : BC3506, That's Right
  • Track 07 : BC3107, We Rock
  • Track 08 : BC3408, Believe In Me
  • Add-On 1 : BC2303, Field of Dreams
  • Add-On 2 : BC3003, Shooting Star
PS : Conditioning & Cool-Down skipped as I do not usually do them. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fit fit uncle law!
-shanney