Sunday, August 30, 2009

Being 'Away' .....

Another wkend spent away from my family, I can already imagine/expect a certain woman screaming in my ear... Don't worry, this woman ain't my SO, but my sister.

Mat's a staunch believer that the family should sit down at least once a week for dinner with my dad. Its her way of trying to keep the siblings close and updated. But then again, we all also have our own lives to lead and it can sometimes be difficult to adhere to this 'tradition'.... This is the part where the screams would come in, at least in my ears....

Its not that I'm trying to avoid the gathering but she needs to understand that while I can come home most of the time after my wkend gym sessions for dinner, I do sometimes have programs on both days and need to absent myself.... Each time this happens, she would go "Can you please don't treat your home like a hotel? Don't just leave your dad to the maid, can you please help monitor her too?"

I know what I'm doing and I need some space... Please accord me some, thanks!!

PS : The above entry was composed using my iPod Touch...


Update on 31 Aug 2009 : Mat, surprisingly, didn't scream in my ears... in fact, she didn't even mention a word of what I was expecting to come from her. :p

No comments: