Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Random Thoughts

21 Aug is drawing nearer with each passing day... whats so special about this day you might asked? Well, it may just be another start of the wkend to the average person but for 5 of us from TF and maybe 10 more from the other gyms, it signals the start of 3days of 'torture' whereby the end result is a certificate granting you entry into the Les Mills' Instructors circle.

Yes, 21-23 Aug is the long awaited BodyCombat Instructor Training Course that I've been eagerly (nervously) been waiting for. No doubt many in the circle told us its difficult to fail, but I just can't help worrying about it... I hope everything can turn out well, REALLY...

The past 2 weeks had been real hectic for me at work. 2 weeks ago, I was dealing with the testing of some new HDDs solution which XXX is deploying... so I needed to conduct testing and preparations work. Last week, I was involved in the series of seminar which we (ITSEC) conduct around the various XXX locations to bring awareness and information of these new HDDs to the end-users. At a rough count, I think I've been the presenter for half of the 8 sessions so far. This is good for me because :
1. helps me overcome the fear of presentations
2. gets me exposed to the organisation
3. allows me to get familar with the new implementations
4. somehow helps me prepare for my BC Training too :p

I do not mind doing presentations actually.... but at least I must be familar with what I'm presenting. I cannot imagine presenting slides prepared by someone else and passed over to me to do unless I myself am familar with the topic presented.

Anyways, that's all over for the moment. I shall just continue to do my job, projects, tasks and learn whatever comes my way....

No comments: