Monday, April 6, 2009

A Walk Down Memory Lane....

Something came over me just now which resulted in my not going for BC @ Vivo. I went for a run around my estate instead. This decision isn't easy for me to make because under normal circumstances, I'd choose BC over any other sports. Today, somehow, I also don't know how, laziness managed to set in and 'convinced' me to not go Vivo for BC and go jogging instead.

JOGGING! Yes, the very sport which I had listed in my 'Top 10 Most Disliked Activities' listing. Don't ask me what made me go for a run. As mentioned earlier, 'somehow, I also don't know how'.

I took a relatively 'new' route. New in my context.... I ran down Ave 3 towards Brickland Rd, turn left into it and went straight until I reached the junction of Brickland & Bukit Batok Rd. I took a left here and ran down Bukit Batok Rd towards Choa Chu Kang Rd before making another left into Choa Chu Kang Way.

By the time I stopped at the petrol kiosk along the route for a much needed drink, I was already dripping sweat like never before. The lady behind the counter was careful not to let my hands touch her merchandise :p

With the bottle of Gatorade in, I can no longer run or I'd get stitches. Walking back home, I purposely made a detour such that I'd pass by the row of terrace houses where my cousin used to stay. They've moved away some 10yrs back due to financial difficulties and the house is now occupied by don't know who. There were some cosmetic change such a wider maindoor & a little pond in the front porch. Other things, such as the iron gate, the facade and the exterior flooring remains as per what I can recall from those years.

I stood outside there admiring the surroundings for a few minutes, all the time mindful of the elderly lady a few houses away looking in my direction. She must be wondering whats this sweaty chap doing standing there around my neighbourhood and looking around? As I stood there, memories of yesteryears started surfacing.... I remembered those days where I'd pactically go over to his place every other day to play be it ball or computer games. We'd use the iron gate as goalpost and one of us would be goalkeeper while the other shoot. I remember breaking one of his neighbour's window panes once! We'd also play table tennis too as they used to have a set of table tennis table. At times, they had BBQs or such and we'd all sit outside on the kerb eating and talking....

Oh man... how I missed those days........

No comments: