Saturday, March 6, 2010

2 Tables for Family Dinner


No, there is no family dispute whatsoever which resulted in the family having to occupy 2 tables. It's due to a simple reason that 1 table is unable to fit in 16 pax, inclusive of 5 kids.

The occasion today is to celebrate Hero's 75th Birthday and we had a family dinner in some traditional Chinese Restaurant in town which my sister recommended. Having squeezed in the past during such dinners to much discomfort, she decided that this time around, we'd separate into 2 tables with the siblings and Hero in 1 table, the kids and 3 maids in the other table. This arrangement made perfect sense because the kids are grown-ed up and its really impossible to squeeze in at the 'main' tables anymore. Food wise, we ordered identical fare for both tables.

So as you can derived, we do not practice double-standards in our family. :)

2 comments:

Michael- said...

I must say, fantastic blog!

I’ll cut to the chase, I’m am anthropologist and I'm currently doing a little study on the blogging subculture. Your perspective is of great of interest to me, so if you don’t mind dropping in on the blog and answering 5 questions, I’d be more that grateful.

http://conflictions5.blogspot.com

If for nothing else, swing by the blog just to take a look...

Cheers~

m-

Uncle Law said...

Hi Michael,

I've dropped you a note for those 5 questions.

Do drop in here often!


Cheers,
Uncle Law