Saturday, July 24, 2010

Photos from Land Of A Thousand Smiles


Here's the long awaited pictures snapped while SO and I were in Bangkok recently....

PS : My apologies for the masking of our faces as we're both shy folks.... :)

 On the way to Baiyoke Sky from the Airport. Able to spot which is my hand and SO's?


Our room @ Baiyoke Sky Hotel, Level 42. Pretty spacious for a Standard Room. And it costs only 80SGD Per Nite!!


It even has a small little side room for things like an open wardrobe, drawers and a safe... We use that space to 'dump' our things :p


My 1st Phai Thai in Bangkok, @ a simple eatery in a side alley. The half-eaten spring roll was purchased from another street hawker... and it's pretty good!


SO's Thai Fried Rice, not very fantastic but decent enough to eat.


A makeshift changing room. I requested to try on a bottom and the shop-assistant promptly put up a screen and asked me to try it on THERE AND THEN. I was initially quite amused while SO thought its damn funny....


Should we go left or right? Which BTS Station is nearer? Both looks equally 'near', so we decided to head for Chitlom Station, a good 5mins walk away :s


Posing with the ticketing machine. No, she didn't purchase it, I did....


We're heading to Chatuchak Weekend Market @ Mo Chit Station.


It was a damn hot and humid day @ the Weekend Market and the Bandung lookalike drink is a welcomed relief!


My 2nd Phai Thai.... this time, it's from the MBK Foodcourt.


Fried 'Dumplings' according to the menu but it looks nowhere like dumplings. Looks more like those Singapore-styled Fried Carrot Cake. The sauce in the picture, it's a plum sauce taste-alike sauce which we're not sure what it really is.


The entire Central World shopping mall was closed for renovation due to the damaged suffered during the recently-ended protests.


Look at the damage! I was so shocked by the damaged when I first saw it before me that I'm speechless!!


One of the Bangkok streets during approximately 4pm.


Lazing around, taking a break in the Amari Watergate Hotel. We're actually there to tailor-made some clothings. There's this tailor on the 3rd Floor called Paul's Fashion. Service is good, price is reasonable and the staffs are very friendly. Most importantly, they speak very decent English!!


At the Ground Floor Bell-Hop Counter of the hotel we're staying in. The main lobby is @ Level 18.


Been telling SO that I'm itching to eat some Thai Papaya Salad since our arrival in Bangkok. Ironically, it wasn't until the Day 3 before I get to eat it.


My 3rd Phai Thai... :p


Some Vietnamese Spring-Rolls. We don't really like it. There's this weird taste which I suspected to be due to the inclusion of Basil Leaves within the rolls. On a side note, the accompanying sauce is pretty good shit!


A shot from the Observation Deck atop Baiyoke Sky Hotel.


This expressway interchange had somewhat become a 'Postcard' picture of Bangkok...


My 4th Phai Thai... I remembered posting on Facebook on the same day, "A Phai Thai a day, keeps the hungry away" :p


Some "Fried Oysters" from a food court. It looks somewhat like the Singapore version and that's where the similarity ends. It tastes NOTHING like the Singapore version. This one is crispy, with plenty of bean sprouts and comes with that weird plum sauce (again).


Our favourite drink in Bangkok. The Thai Iced Milk Tea. Its not exactly an infatuation with the pictured brand but with the drink in general. It's got a unique taste to it, not too sure how to describe it. But it's distinctly different and very nice as compared to the Singapore version (again).


@ the airport's Departure Hall. We arrived with 2 half-filled bags, the Yellow Adidas and the Red Backpack. You go figure it out yourself how much stuff we bought.


I bought 40kg worth of luggage space but utilised only slightly over 50%. The lady checking us in even commented that we had over-purchased....



That's all I've got here.... :)

My upcoming trip... Malacca, during the National Day weekend :)

3 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

Wow, thank you for sharing your trip! The food looks really good and I loved the picture of the expressway interchange-I cannot imagine planning that OR driving on it! The damage to that building is incredible...and the view from the observation deck made my knees week. I hope the two of you had fun and look forward to more pictures!

Uncle Law said...

Thanks for dropping by. SO loves taking pictures, so you need not worry about the lack of pictures for our trips.

muifan said...

the first pic on the 2 hands, aiyo so obvious.

1. the one with right hand is urs la, female fingers/hands easier to identify.

2. the pair of legs in jeans also gave u away, i dun tink Pearlyn will sit lidat lo.

But is nice de, use as FB profile pic mah :)