Monday, November 23, 2009

A Special Wedding Banquet...

I attended the wedding of a colleague earlier in the evening at the Marina Mandarin Hotel today, actually, yesterday to be exact. The groom and I both served in the 23rd Recreation Committee of XXX in 2007.

So, what's the special thing about this banquet? Well, for the first time of me attending banquets, the staffs here are predominantly Indians! A very good change for once from the usual Ah Tiongs who speaks no or little English at most. The other special thing about tonight's dinner was that as with the usual first dish being served, there would be the usual 'grand' entrance of the dish, together with some equally bombastic music. Well, the music was bombastic enough, the entrance grand enough....

What made me early fell off my seat was that the servers, with the first dish in hand, had all taken up positions around the stage area and started swaying to the music, very, very much like a Bollywood styled MTV!!! Did I forget to mention that the servers are mainly Indian?

Money nowadays really ain't easy to make... Even a banquet staff need to be multi-talented. :p


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch


2 comments:

Irene Ang said...

I think that's where we should be really thankful on all we have.

Uncle Law said...

yup, no doubt about that....