Friday, November 27, 2009

Holiday BC

 
I attended the Public Holiday Classes @ GWC today, particularly (actually, should be only) the BC Class @ 12noon. I must admit I walked in with a suspicious feeling that the class will be just so-so... but I walked out awed by the energy, the enthusiasm and the 'shameless-ness' of the instructor!

This instructor today is quite a newbie to the scene, maybe only a few months' worth of instructing experience? But her style was one of confidence, energy, fun and full of lame but funny jokes. Tracks selected by her today are from the newer releases and I'm not surprised by that considering that she might not have the time to learn the older ones so quickly. Overall, I must say I enjoyed her class today and will attend the class for which she's covering tomorrow too.

To Miss R (in case you're reading this) : You did very well today for a 'newbie'. Keep up the good work and I'm sure your fan base will grow soon enough. At least you've got one fan now.... :p

Another instructor to add to my 'must support' listing. :)

8 comments:

Irene Ang said...

Preconception.... what a shame... How can you just assume that it's going to be a so-so class just because she's a newbie...

I think I understand how she feel being a newbie, it's tough. I'll soon be a newbie and I hope I don't have member walking into my class with that pre-conception. At least she's good with her jokes, I'm terrible at it, what am I going to do??

Uncle Law said...

i'm sorry... i know i shouldnt be doing such a thing but its kinda human nature to do it, isnt it? i mean, a typical person WOULD feel skeptical about a newbie at first try... at least i do.

but i must admit i was wrong. and my perception of her changed dramatically. I attended another of her class today and i'm now a firm believer in the quality of her class.

muifan said...

told u Rozanne is gd de liao. :)

Uncle Law said...

i know what you mean... but i just had to really try it for myself to be really convinced, rite?

Anonymous said...

i was told many thinks (in the industry)she is the next big thing! Hur hur...good to have new faces ..

Uncle Law said...

next big thing or not, we shall see... i do hope she is...

Anonymous said...

she intending to do it full time i think..

Uncle Law said...

Gd for her.... If she gt a perm class n time suits me, y not??