Sunday, September 20, 2009

And back to where I belong I go....

Yup, the journey's come to an end... its not unexpected anyway. But the way it had been ended was kind of unexpected. It in the end, I didn't lose out because a competitor was better than me, but I had lost out because the 'Assesser' preferred the other party even though he'd need more mirror-work than I (maybe we, if you know who they are) do. :( thats DAMN SAD....

Well, with the events today, I've made up my mind not to pursue any further. I shall just quietly go back to being a 'happy' member just like what RL had opted for right after her course. Come to think of it, I've not imagine that I would come 'so far' in this journey. To be honest, back then when I had signed up for the course, I've only had a few objectives in mind and they are :
1. to be able to buy the DVD
2. to be able to better my techniques
3. to be able to appreciate the programme better

It never really crossed my mind to go into shadowing and the eventual instructor-ship. REALLY! Actually, my objective in going for the audition wasn't even to proceed for shadowing. I merely wanted to upgrade my grades from 'Withheld' to 'Pass'. But since the 'Assesser' said both grades makes no difference to TF in terms of shadowing, it somehow turned my purpose of attending the audition from a 'grades-upgrade' into a fight for a shot at shadowing.....

Now that the outcome is clear, I'm not really disappointed that I wasn't selected. But I'm just pretty pissed that the outcome is such....

Nevermind, now that events had turned out this way, I doubt I will go for auditions again.... I'm not the kind of person they are looking for and I might as well save my breathe?

4 comments:

Irene Ang said...

You really should not give up... just because 1 assesser is not being fair for 1 time, doesn't mean it will happen all the time.

Uncle Law said...

I don't know.... It was never my intention to want to shadow or even instruct. Perhaps thats why I'm not intending to try anymore.

Irene Ang said...

If you can rightly ask yourself and that's the only reason why you're not pursuing that I think it's a good reason to stop. But if your decision is somewhat affected by the fact that you don't think you're going to get the right assessment by the "unfair assesser",then you should not give up :)

Uncle Law said...

yup, i can honestly say that despite my past posts about my tracklist of the month and all that, deep down in my heart, i've never thought of really going up there and instruct. :)