Thursday, October 28, 2010

Should I? Or Should I Not?

I'm now kinda torn after seeing, listening and getting to experience how wonderful it is. Should I take the plunge or not?

What are you thinking? No, I'm not deciding if I should take the plunge for whatever you are thinking.... I'm deciding whether I should switch to Mac from PC or not. I was given an excellent sales pitch, complete with demo and a full dissection of the OS this afternoon over a lunch catch-up with a pal from XXX.

My initial concerns was whether a Mac could run a Windows OS as a Virtual Machine or not. And this concern was put to rest with this software called "Parallels Desktop". My friend even had another applications called "Coherent" or thereabouts which enables a Windows App to run in the Mac environment rather than in the Windows OS itself!! Pretty cool, huh?

Switching to a Mac is no easy feat for me. It will be a whole new learning & familiarising experience all over again. Tasks which I am able to perform effortlessly will take some time to achieve... Commands which I was able to find without batting an eyelid will take me minutes to locate... The confidence and feel of being in control of the OS will be lost upon me!!

I'm seriously considering getting a MacBook for my next laptop, but the price is putting me off a little. @ SGD1488, its nearly double what I'm expecting to pay for a new laptop (or netbook). How? How? How? I'm now sitting on the fence.....


Can anyone say something that will push me over?

No comments: