Saturday, October 2, 2010

Moving on....


I'm FINALLY moving on from the hell place where I worked...

4 long years.... I'd be moving on to another job which is located in town. Well, ok, on the fringe of the Central Business District. I'd still be doing IT, but in a totally different industry. The job scope is pretty much like what I used to do in my first 2 jobs, covering things from the end-user to the servers in the data centre. Besides, the decent renumeration, other pull factors included being a team-lead in charge of the SG IT operations, the possibility of business-travel and other skills which I've never been given the chance to touch on..... This job is really everything which I've always wished for!!

Having raved about how excited I am about the new job, I'm actually feeling a little bit sad to be leaving XXX. This is despite the fact that I've sooooo much displeasure with them and all. On one hand, I'm really glad to be getting out of my misery, on the other hand, I'm rather sad to be leaving some of my colleagues which I've had forged pretty strong friendship with... Eg. the folks from Team XXX (soccer team-mates), my team-mates in IT Security and some other folks which we all gather to talk crap... I'd miss our POWER LUNCHES where it stretched for nearly 2hrs, our crap-talks, our football games, sweat and laughters...

However, having said that, I'd need to move on, be it for myself or for my career. Besides, its only that I won't be working alongside them. It's not as if the friendship forged in XXX stops there whenever one of us resigns...

But then again, to those whom you know who you are, I'd miss you folks.......

No comments: