Saturday, March 28, 2009

A 'New' Room

With the moving out of Bro & family, my house now more quiet as compared to before. Bro had moved in sometime in January to stay temporarily while his new place is still being done up and today's the day they moved in to the new place in Bukit Panjang. I'm abit sad that they've moved out because in the past 3mths of them being around, the house had become noiser (mainly due to baby Elkan) and more 'life' due to the presence of more people.

Anyway, this passing episode also means something good for me and this is a good opportunity for me to replace those long-due-for-replacement furniture in my room. I bought a Super-Single Bed with Mattress and a Side-Table last weekend and will be taking delivery on the coming Monday. These are just phase 1 of my Room Overhaul. Phase 2 will see the replacement of my Computer Table and the addition of a Shelving Cabinet. Phase 3 should take place next year sometime before CNY where I intend to change the colour of the room to maybe Latte?

Another lesson learnt and applied on management : Make your subordinate feel at home and he/she will be more than willing to go the extra mile. :)

No comments: