Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Launch of BC39

Sunday was the quarterly launch of Body Combat Release 39 for True Fitness of which the Great World City (GWC), Suntec City (STC) & Parkway Parade outlets were involved.

Its my very first time being involved in a launch. I was never able to attend previous launches due to 1001 reasons and you can imagine how excited I was about it this time around that I'd be able to make it. I was so into this launch that I decided to attend 2 sessions of it, once at GWC and another at STC. I even managed to persuade Garion, Shaw and Alan to join me as we wear 'uniform' yesterday.



Knowing me, I seldom attend 2 BCs on the same day and I must admit I was pretty reluctant to attend the morning session initially but since having promised Mich, I'd figured that I'd better not be a pilot. I met up with Garion @ 1030hrs in Orchard before making our way over. As we leisurely walked in at about 1059hrs, the fellow at the reception told us something which made our jawed dropped and eyes popped out!

He said : "BC already started."

You should have seen the mad rush the 2 of us clowns made! I'd all along thought the launch here is at 1130hrs, not 1100hrs. Had i known it to be 1100hrs, I'd have met Garion earlier! He went into the studio directly having wore the gym attire from home, I rushed into the changing room to get ready. But the time I made it over to the studio, the warm-up is already in progress. My initial intention was to join in after the warm-up. However, spotting an empty plot of land near the door plus seeing the choreo to be jabs at that moment, I seized the oppotunity and quickly moved to occupy the 'plot'. I was barely 10 jabs into my warm-up when I felt someone coming very close to me. It was Alan; he, too, thought the launch @ GWC was 1130hrs.

The 3 Instructors presenting the launch here was Joeson, Ben and Weili. Joeson's queing is as per usual; clear and concise. The queing of the other 2, sadly, leaves MUCH room for improvement. This release is about being back to the basics of BC, involving plenty of punches, upper-cuts, kicks, etc... Next up was BC @ STC, 1530hrs presented by Sue, Eric and Jo. Comparing the trio here with the former trio, I'd say its a no contest, NONE AT ALL. There may be MORE 'performance', MORE flamboyant clothings and MORE decorations on-stage, but to me, I'd prefer MORE energy, MORE motivation and MORE adrenalin in the queing which are ALL present in the STC launch.

To be honest, I would be lying if I say I wasn't disappointed with this new release. This is partly because of the music lacking the 'element' which brings up the adrenalin in me, not to even mention the lack of more challenging moves like the Esquivas or Evasive Side-Kicks. Nevertheless, I'd still go for my min. thrice weekly fix of BC for the next 2wks where they will be doing this new release.

My current fave tracks stands at T1 (Upper Body only), T2, T4, T6 and T8.

No comments: