Saturday, October 31, 2009

I Hate Myself


.... for loving you
Can't break free from the the things that you do.
I wanna walk but I run back to you, that's why
I hate myself for loving you....

That's a 1988 song by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts and the first single from the album, Up Your Alley. The song reached #8 on the Billboard Hot 100[1], Jett's third single to reach the Top 10 since "Crimson and Clover" in 1982.

Today's post is not about Joan Jett and the Blackhearts... Its about how I hated myself for making a (silly) mistake, more like a mis-prediction....

We were supposed to hit the Night Safari earlier in the evening for some Halloween Horror Themed Night but I supposed the Weather had other ideas. The plan was very simple... Hit the roads at about 630pm for the Night Safari, arriving approximately 730pm, just about the time the park opens. However, it was already raining cats & dogs by the time we came out of the theatre around 630pm. We can even hear the thunder from inside the theatre!!

I was both disappointed and mad at myself for the unexpected turn of event. Had I not waited until the last day of the Themed Night to visit, things would have turned out pretty differently and I probably might not be typing this post here as we speak...

We ended up heading back into the theatre for another movie :p

PS : Do read more about Joan Jett and the Blackhearts at Wikipedia if you are interested.

4 comments:

Irene Ang said...

There really nothing to be mad at yourself as you can't really control the weather to make sure that it doesn't rain. It would have been fun if you can make it for the Halloween Theme Safari but back for another movie is fun as well. It's more to the company than the event :)

Uncle Law said...

Yah, I could do nothing with the weather but I could have done something with the choice of the dates....

Irene Ang said...

Don't think you can do much with the date as well... Halloween is on 31st October, so the Halloween theme safari is on 31st October la... how to change oh??

Uncle Law said...

well, the events runs for the entire month of oct... but i choose to go on the last day.... so i actually do have a choice of dates...